What Is Personal Data at SOTA+?
Your Privacy Rights at SOTA+
At SOTA+, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from SOTA+. SOTA+ does not sell your data. There may be situations where we cannot grant your request — for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and SOTA+ is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti- fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, or would be extremely impractical.
Personal Data SOTA+ Collects from You
At SOTA+, we believe that you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the
personal data that we need. The personal data SOTA+ collects depends on how you interact with SOTA+.
When you create an accaunt, purchase and/or activate a product or device, connect to our services, contact us (including
by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with SOTA+, we may collect a variety of
• Account Information. Related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age.
• Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type.
• Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information.
• Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information.
• Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score.
• Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data.
• Government ID Data. In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances, including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
• Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with SOTA+, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels. You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
Personal Data SOTA+ Receives from Other Sources
SOTA+ may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your
direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud
prevention, and from other lawful sources.
• Individuals. SOTA+ may collect data about you from other individuals — for example, if that individual has sent you a product or gift card, invited you to participate in an SOTA+ service or forum, or shared content with you.
• At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with SOTA+. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with SOTA+ for account activation, or for your loyalty program to share information about your participation so that you can earn rewards for SOTA+ purchases.
• SOTA+ Partners. We may also validate the information you provide — for example, when creating an accaunt, with a third party for security, and for fraud-prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law, including law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to reidentify individuals who may appear therein.
SOTA+'s Use of Personal Data
SOTA+ uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and
fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
SOTA+ uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance,
SOTA+ may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your
vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we
believe it is in our or other's legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and
• Power Our Services. SOTA+ collects personal data necessary to power our service, which may include personal data collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting.
• Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, SOTA+ must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
• Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with SOTA+, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
• Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and SOTA+ for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and SOTA+ for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material.
• Personal Data Used for Personalization. If you choose to personalize your services or communications where such options are available, SOTA+ will use information that we collect so that we can offer you those personalized services or communications. You can learn more about how relevant services use information to personalize your experience by reviewing the privacy information presented when you first use a service that asks to use your personal data.
• Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law — for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
SOTA+ does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
SOTA+'s Sharing of Personal Data
SOTA+ may share personal data with SOTA+-affiliated companies, service providers who act on our behalf, our partners,
developers, and publishers, or others at your direction. Further, SOTA+ does not share personal data with third parties
for their own marketing purposes.
• Partners. At times, SOTA+ may partner with third parties to provide services or other offerings. SOTA+ requires its partners to protect your personal data.
• Others. SOTA+ may share personal data with others at your direction or with your consent, such as when we share information with your carrier to activate your account. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
Protection of Personal Data at SOTA+
At SOTA+, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure. Children and Personal Data SOTA+ understands the importance of safeguarding the personal data of children, which we consider to be an individual under the age of 13 or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction. That is why SOTA+ has implemented additional processes and protections to help keep children's personal data safe.
Cookies and Other Technologies
SOTA+'s websites, online service, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons.
These technologies help us to better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell
us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and
• Communications Cookies. These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from SOTA+'s systems, including by helping us detect any errors.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites in the proper format and language, to authenticate and verify your transactions.
• Other Cookies. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. SOTA+ also uses these cookies to remember choices you make while browsing, so we can provide you with a customized experience.
In addition to cookies, SOTA+ uses other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives. In some email messages SOTA+ sends to you, we provide a “click-through URL” that links you to content on the SOTA+ website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
Transfer of Personal Data Between Countries
Our Company wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SOTA+ employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
provider is acting on our behalf, would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, or would like to submit a
complaint, you can contact us at email@example.com. You can also ask us questions
about how to submit a privacy complaint and we will endeavor to help.
SOTA+ takes your privacy questions seriously. A dedicated team reviews your inquiry to determine how best to respond to your question or concern, including those inquiries received in response to an access or download request. In most cases, all substantive contacts receive a response within seven days. In other cases, we may require additional information or let you know that we need more time to respond.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person, we will take steps to address that with you or that other person. If you are not satisfied with SOTA+'s response, you may refer your complaint to the applicable regulator. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.